"I fight pain, anxiety, and fear every day, and the only method I have found that relieves my illness is to keep creating art. I followed the thread of art and somehow discovered a path that would allow me to live." - Yayoi Kusama
One of the most well-known pop art artists in our living era; Yayoi Kusama’s obsession with brightly coloured polka dots and endless nets and lines are as fascinating as her road to creating art is inspiring. Her difficult childhood had a huge part to play in shaping the psychological aspects her art portrays. Yet she remains steadfast in wanting to use art as her medium to spread a message of love and peace.
Our patches feature our original spin on Yayoi’s contrasting child-like colours, unending lines and motifs inspired by Yayoi’s portrayal of her hallucinations.
Jazz up your basics, or up-cycle a worn-out piece with our patches. Get creative and tag us on instagram with your masterpiece!
Available in 3 designs.
• Dimensions: 5cm (d)
• Iron on for easy application
* APPLICATION & CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Set iron to hottest setting suitable for your chosen garment (check your fabric care label to determine to figure out what material it’s made of. * Ideal materials for iron ons include cotton and denim fabrics. Be careful with polyester fabrics as high heat can burn the fabric or cause discolouration. / Silk and other delicate fabrics are not suggested to be used for patches.
2. Position patch on garment/item. Lay the base garment/item on a flat, heat-resistant surface. * Tip: It would help if you iron the surface before ironing the patch as a preparation for the surface.
3. Cover with thin scrap fabric (something like a thin towel or an extra pillow case would work well)
4. Apply hot iron for approximately 15 seconds. Apply as much pressure as you can by pressing down firmly. Make sure “steam” option is turned off.
5. Check to see if the patch is securely fixed onto the garment/base. If it lifts up, replace the towel and repeating pressing process with the iron for another 10 seconds.
6. If possible turn over and iron on reverse for 30 seconds.
- When washing garment hand wash or use gentle setting and turn inside out if possible
- To firmly secure iron-on patch onto garment, you can consider sewing around the edges.
In collaboration with pohket.
Every purchase goes towards a cause of giving to less privileged children.
The purchase of this notebook will contribute to building 1/8 of a complete #buildabag set to be donated.
• △ •
we design things
we make things