It has bothered me all my life that I do not paint like everybody else. ”
French artist Henri Matisse was known for his use of colour and his fluid and original draughtsmanship. Althought initially labelled as a Fauve (wild beast) and criticised for his art work, by the 1920s he was increasingly hailed as an upholder of the classical tradition in French painting. Though he was left wheelchair bound after undergoing a colostomy surgery, Matisse set about creating cut paper collages, or ‘drawings with scissors', a new medium of colour, geometry and simplicity, but with playful and delightful power. His expressiveness explored through colour and drawing won him recognition as a leading figure in modern art.
Our patches feature our original spin on Matisse’s fun and vibrant palette, complete with bits and bobs inspired by his ‘drawings with scissors’.
Jazz up your basics, or up-cycle a worn-out piece with our patches. Get creative and tag us on instagram with your masterpiece!
Available in 3 designs.
• Dimensions: 5cm (d)
• Iron on for easy application
* APPLICATION & CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Set iron to hottest setting suitable for your chosen garment (check your fabric care label to determine to figure out what material it’s made of. * Ideal materials for iron ons include cotton and denim fabrics. Be careful with polyester fabrics as high heat can burn the fabric or cause discolouration. / Silk and other delicate fabrics are not suggested to be used for patches.
2. Position patch on garment/item. Lay the base garment/item on a flat, heat-resistant surface. * Tip: It would help if you iron the surface before ironing the patch as a preparation for the surface.
3. Cover with thin scrap fabric (something like a thin towel or an extra pillow case would work well)
4. Apply hot iron for approximately 15 seconds. Apply as much pressure as you can by pressing down firmly. Make sure “steam” option is turned off.
5. Check to see if the patch is securely fixed onto the garment/base. If it lifts up, replace the towel and repeating pressing process with the iron for another 10 seconds.
6. If possible turn over and iron on reverse for 30 seconds.
- When washing garment hand wash or use gentle setting and turn inside out if possible
- To firmly secure iron-on patch onto garment, you can consider sewing around the edges.
In collaboration with pohket.
Every purchase goes towards a cause of giving to less privileged children.
The purchase of this notebook will contribute to building 1/8 of a complete #buildabag set to be donated.
• △ •
we design things
we make things