Weaving is a method of textile production, and dates back to almost 27,000 years ago! Whilst now hand weaving has been massively replaced by industrial alternatives for textile making, it is still highly regarded as a traditional art form.
Our 3.5-hour workshop is perfect for beginners in weaving. It is meant to be a chill session, which we hope will provide you a space and time to slow down from the urgency of urban life. Free your mind from worries, and give your fingers a nifty crafty workout.
We will cover the basics for you to get started on your weaving journey! Enjoy your crafting with coffee and sweets, and take home your very own hand-crafted tapestry of love, hung on a wooden dowel for easy display!
The workshop, tailored to suit beginners, will provide you with the basics you need to get started on your weaving journey. You will be taught how to utilise the various tools provided, weaving techniques, such as the most commonly used - tabby weaving, soumak, rya, and on incorporating textures, tassels and pompoms, that will hopefully inspire you to get wild and imaginative when creating and styling your own tapestry!
- All materials & tools for the session : Wooden Loom, Needles, Comb, Assorted yarn & textile for you to incorporate in your weaving
- 1 Woven Tapestry handcrafted by you to take home
: Wooden Dowel provided as well for you to hang your tapestry on
- 1 Drink of choice
* Note: Items are subject to availability
$120 SGD per person
$100 SGD per person for a group of 5
Gather The Misfits
217 Rangoon Road
* Please note that all deposits are not refundable. Any request for the change of workshop slots should be made 7 days prior to the registered workshop date.
* Should one be unable to attend the registered workshop due to unforeseen, *urgent matters, the deposit sum can be converted into credit value for the purchase of products from the xHF shop ( terms & conditions apply; please contact us for clarity and confirmation).
Enter form below to register interest: